Shot by Traci Ling
It's party crunch time, and either have your New Year's outfit, or you're relying on two-day shipping options. Let me guide you thorough some different directions your ringing-in outfit can take you.
- The Poofy Skirt: It's your party and you're going to wear tulle if you want to. Whether your hosting the party goers, or just claiming the party as your own, this is a frock for the attention grabber. I say if you don't mind all eyes on you, wear your skirt as big as you want to.
- The Beaded Mini Shift Dress: Really good for the eater-before-the-partier. You can talk about the fancy dinner you just had and how your dress accommodates all the amazing meal courses you just ate. Also good for people that have vacationed recently and actually have tans.
- The Long Dress: Sleek and classic, or a robe in disguise? Either way, you can get down on a dance floor, in and out of your seat or taxi, without flashing anyone.
- The Crop Top and Midi Skirt: The party outfit of the season. Double points if you bought separates and matched them yourself. For the super-cute-but-cuter-than-the-girl-next-door-girl.
- Jeans: The ranch, the lake house, the house upstate, ski lodge, or a block party. A five-pocket-pant in leather, denim, or suede, in any shade will bring the rural to any party. Yee-haw and pass the hot cocoa.